Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Olivier Gagnere


I was at the supermarket yesterday and spotted the new issue of Elle Decor. Not exaggerating- I gasped out loud at the cover. In my mind, the image below is near perfection. The colors and patterns are bold and soothing all at once. The goal was to "make it feel a little collage like- having tiny discoveries in each corner." The mismatched artwork and accessories hint at this designers familial ties to the world of dealing in antiques and of an artisan touch. Olivier Gagner is known for his glass and metal work but he now has a lovely line of furniture as well. This Parisian Left Bank apartment is tres magnifique! Oui? It really makes me want to throw caution to the wind and add some bold touches to my own little Left Bank in Vegas.








all images via Elle Decor

7 comments:

  1. Amy ,I love this blog ! ...I'm always arrested by the amazing colours and styling of the ELLE DECOR so I do understand the way you felt when you spotted the new issue:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE these pics! especially the top one. It's so nice to see original art incorporated into spaces so they look personal and lived-in and less like a model home. btw: Aren't those hydrangeas gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Thanks for the comment! LOVE these pics, I am all about anything collage or vignette. I really like the deep blue room, blue is so hard to pull off I think, and this is just gorgeous. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the rooms are filled with such character. The stories it could tell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amy....WOOOOOOOOW....I could get lost in there for days and never want to step outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the color of the walls on the cover - does it have a hint of purple or all gray?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really fantastic!


    http://www.nook-sucasa.com/2009/12/boca-do-lobo-furniture.html
    http://www.myface.com.pt/
    http://www.delightfull.eu/

    ReplyDelete

The Mike is Yours! (be gentle)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...