Saturday, April 7, 2012

Consulting, Designing and Remodeling

I've gotten an overwhelming request to start blogging again so the three of you can stop harassing me now okay? It's been a very busy 5 months to say the least. I worked with a good friend of ours consulting for TSK Architecture on a new Hotel in Northern Cali called Black Oak, I am about 2 seconds away from finishing a custom home that my husband and I designed together (he gets most of the credit on this one!) and a few little side jobs squished in between like a few pillows here, a new barstool there. Last but not least, I have kept three little boys alive, one of whom has started walking and the other reading! I suppose I just felt like my blog had become a burden. Blogging (and reading blogs) is supposed to be fun! It feels fun again now so my current plan is to keep a journal of our remodeling process. Most of you know that we have bought an old fixer upper in McNeil Estates and plan to totally remodel it. This can be very hard for anyone but this can be the ultimate test of patience for two designers working for themselves. I'd love to share the funny stories and before and after pics with you guys along the way. Obviously, there are other fantastic blogs out there doing the same thing like Young House Love but this is really for us to look back on someday and laugh (or cry). Missed you guys!

our new house on Mason

lobby of the black oak hotel

kuluz residence

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all you do with your house. How fun! Where is McNeil estates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so great to have you back in the blogging world!
    I hope you'll be able to post us some good stories about your house & maybe a few before & after pics!? ;)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you back. Can't wait to see what you have in store for your new house. The exterior looks like you have massive potential for both design and landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY!!! I am so flippin excited you are back. I get it now, I can see how and why you got burnt out...I just had no idea... you left that part out : )
    I can't wait to see what you do with your house. Welcome back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing how your home turns out...
    My husband and I bought a 1880s tiny home, it is literally falling apart and I am hoping (fingers crossed) that we could begin working on restoring it in 2013. It's in a UNESCO World Heritage site so it should be a challenge.
    In fact after seeing your post I might just do a blog about it when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete

The Mike is Yours! (be gentle)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...