Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Interior Design 101- Ancient Egypt

Ancient Egyptian Art


Okay boys and girls, time for our next visual history lesson! Egyptian art, furniture, architecture and accessories were and are beautiful! Some adjectives here- massive, solid, perpetual, protected, repetitive, colorful, representative, and developed. There is obviously plenty of info to go with each of these themes but it's far too much to cover here so feel free to read up. In the end, Egyptian culture was so protected politically, geographically and environmentally that we have so much to study. They had the means to grow as artisans, thus stretching their crafts to the limit of tools and invention. It was always inwardly focused, always celebrating Egypt and always brillaintly excessive.

Egyptian Decoration and Furniture


Egyptain Art

5 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything about the fans/oars - beautiful and interesting. I was just reading about the many Egyptian revival movements yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing post. I am a big fan of Ancient Egypt. Wonderful items and great photos. There is still so much to learn about the ancient egyptians. I wish I would have studied to be an archiologist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy such wondefful images, and I adore that bench~

    Come enter my giveaway from Empress of the Eye! You will love the interview!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those peeps knew luxury. I have always LOVED Egyptian jewelry. But I had never really considered their furniture designs. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague
    who had been conducting a little homework on this.
    And he actually bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for him.
    .. lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!
    ! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this issue here on your website.



    My webpage; companies that consolidate private student loans

    ReplyDelete

The Mike is Yours! (be gentle)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...