Monday, February 8, 2010



Sam Charles has become a bit of a trend in Hollywood. He's found a niche painting famous people's dogs. While typing that sentence, I laughed out loud because in one sense it seems so dang funny and just so HOLLYWOOD doesn't it?! Despite the fact, that I just beat the crap out of my beautiful dog who was eating scrambled eggs off the table, I do have friends without children who are huge animal lovers and would totally go for this. I have to admit, I love Sam Charles' work and if you have that special bond with your pooch (the kind where you share an ice cream cone with them-you know who you are), then this is the way to go. It's modern. it's fun and Sam does a beautiful job capturing that sweet look in a dog's face. The pitiful one that makes you give them table food and sit on the sofa when they shouldn't.


Perez Hilton's dog above.





I wanted to include this image from William Secord. I am crazy for this traditional installation. Would look so fab in a library or an office.

3 comments:

  1. That room is so cool! And I agree... great idea for a library! I want one of these cool paintings of my little pup who I am totally in love with! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need these for both of my furry children. I love the library/office too. I can spend hours looking at walls of paintings and photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome pictures! Frank (my dog) needs one.

    ReplyDelete

The Mike is Yours! (be gentle)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...